See our application page here to apply!
The application deadline for Fall 2020 admission is December 12, 2019. The Graduate Admissions Committee will begin reviewing applications at that time and offers of admission and assistantships will be made in January; however, applications will be accepted throughout the spring semester until we meet our admissions goal.
Any questions can be directed to the Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Kelly Happe, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Five types of assistantships may be available to graduate students.
Types of Assistance:
- UGA Presidential Graduate Fellowships: This program provides exceptionally qualified graduate students enrolled at the University of Georgia with an annual twelve month stipend and a reduced matriculation fee. Applicants are nominated by departments. More information can be found here.
- Graduate School Research Assistantships (GSRAs): Each year the Graduate School selects graduate research assistants from a list of applicants nominated by departments. More information can be found here.
- Departmental Teaching Assistantships: Each year the department awards a number of graduate teaching assistantships. Most persons holding teaching assistantships assist with large lecture courses, or assist with or teach the basic public speaking course (COMM 1100), or the basic interpersonal communication course (COMM 1500).
- Debate Program Assistantship: The department sponsors an assistantship for those qualified to work with the University's debate program. Please contact Shunta Jordan, Director of Debate, for more information on the debate assistantship.
- Research Assistantships: The availability and nature of research assistantships depends upon external grants that have been produced by faculty. The graduate coordinator will inform you of any individual faculty who may have need for funded research assistants.