The application deadline for Fall 2023 admission is January 6th, 2023.
We're excited you're applying here! Here are the things you will need to submit in order to be considered for acceptance.
You will need to first submit an application to the UGA Graduate School.
Information regarding application materials can be found here. Please be sure to read it carefully.
You will need to also submit the Communication Studies Departmental application and submit it to the Graduate Coordinator Assistant at email@example.com. The Graduate Coordinator Assistant is also available by phone at 706-542-4893. This includes all department materials (cover sheet; curriculum vitae; answers to question prompts regarding graduate study; writing sample) as one (1) .pdf.
- Please feel free to direct questions to the Graduate Coordinator Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I learn more about the program?
What are your admission requirements?
Admission and assistantship decisions are based on a holistic examination of credentials presented, including previous academic performance (transcripts), three letters of recommendation, a writing sample, and statement of objectives. The department has chosen to waive the GRE requirement for all applicants. Ideally we admit students who have strong credentials in all of these areas. However, a deficiency in one area does not eliminate an applicant from consideration.
- MA Program Admission: To be admitted to the MA program we look for undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, as well as strong letters and a very good paper.
- PhD Program Admission: To be admitted to our PhD program we look for graduate GPAs of at least 3.5, as well as exceptionally strong letters and an excellent paper.
- All international applicants must have a TOEFL iBT speaking score of at least 26 or an IELTS score of 8 or higher to be considered for a teaching assistantship. TOEFL scores are required as part of the application. For information regarding minimum TOEFL/IELTS scores for admission to the Graduate School.
- We do not accept MCAT, LSAT, or GMAT scores.
- Note: These general guidelines neither preclude nor assure admission.
How many students typically apply?
The number of applicants varies from year to year. We expect between 50-100 applicants in any given year.
What is your acceptance rate?
We generally admit between 2-6 MA students and 2-8 PhD students a year but it varies from year to year depending on the fit of a given student to the program as well as available assistantships.
Do you admit students without funding?
Do you admit part-time students?
At this time, no.
Do you offer evening classes or graduate classes online?
At this time, no.