Be a Double Dawg!
The UGA Accelerated Master's Program expedites the completion of both a B.A. and M.A. degree over a 5-year span. The Department of Communication Studies participates in the UGA Accelerated Master's Program and encourages exceptional students to apply. To be considered for the Accelerated Master's program in the Department of Communication Studies, students must meet the following criteria:
Before applying to the pathway, students must:
- Be a current COMM major of at least junior standing.
- Have earned a "B" or above in COMM 3300 or 3700.
- Have earned a "B" or above in at least 2 upper level (3000 or 4000 level) COMM courses.
- Have a minimum of 3.5 GPA in the COMM major and a 3.0 GPA overall.
- Complete a preliminary program of study to be approved by the Department Undergraduate Advisor and Department Graduate Coordinator.
You must be admitted to the pathway by the department before enrolling in graduate seminars. Students on the pathway must complete their AB before applying to the Graduate School.
All application materials must be submitted by the appropriate deadlines. For first-round applicants, the deadline is April 30 every year. For second-round applicants, the deadline is June 10th. Acceptance letters will go out by May 15 for first-round applicants and by July 10th for second-round applicants.
Students should be aware of how the Double Dawg program will affect financial aid and scholarship awards. Please reach out to the Office of Student Financial Aid for assistance.